Could you spare 2 hours (or even more if you can) at any time over the three days of the Bunkfest (29/30/31 August 2014)? The Bunkfest relies on volunteers to make sure everybody has the best time at all the different events and we are looking particularly for stewards, a vital role that supports all Bunkfest visitors over the three days. Stewarding can involve:
- Manning barriers for market square road closures and Kinecroft field entry
- Providing general guidance for the public
- Walking the sites and importantly, being the “eyes and ears” of the festival reporting back to the control room of any situations that may require further help. eg security, emergency services, attendance of Chief Steward or a member of Management Team.
- Again importantly, assist in directing the public to safety in the event of an emergency
- Campsite assistance & patrols
- Using a radio and wearing a really fetching high visibility waistcoat!
Stewarding does NOT involve dealing with unpleasant or difficult members of the public. There are professional security personnel to deal with these situations. Shifts are generally in two hour slots so you can the festival as a participant as well.
If you can help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tasha Reilly, the Volunteer Coordinator on 07717 503910.